Renegade X wins MOTY!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Thank you!

oscarwincopy.jpg

Thanks to you, Renegade X has now officially won 3rd place in Mod DB's contest, in the Player's Choice 'Upcoming Mods' category. We could not have done this without your help - thanks for all of your votes, and hard work of getting others to vote for Renegade X. Hopefully, with this boost of attention, we will be able to get the final stages of the mod development to you faster. This is the best birthday present C&C Renegade has ever had.

"With the recent cancellation of Tiberium, Renegade's spiritual successor, Renegade X now stands as the last chance for players to experience an up to date version of the original RTS/FPS Hybrid"[/b]

Go here: http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-th...ing-mod/#556322 to check out the Mod of the Year video.

QUOTE (JeepRubi @ Feb 28 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got 3rd officially, but it should have been 2nd unreleased mod because dead before dawn isn't even a mod. :) [/b]

Congratulainos again from me, but there are 2 more Categories left, where the chance is, that RenX could be the winner.

What do you win for the 3rd place ?

and dont forget that HL2 and source community is bigger than renegade or UT3 one .. they got more vote .. Game award by gamer, its life .. me i know that RenX is better :P but cause im a fan of renegade and i hate Source ... not really objective ... Neotokyo look really great ... the only thing i see is L4D 1st place ... this is BS .. a map isnt a mod or a converstion .. but like i said .. ppl have voted, and we must live with it

Aye, congrats!!

As for Neotokyo - they would've got my vote if they got a decebt animator :P. I can stant poor walkcyckles =/.

Looks good otherwise though!

Shame about DBD, nout we can do though - we can beat them for best released mod next year though!!

QUOTE (maty @ Mar 2 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL my friend made a spoof vid using some old CnC clips, posted on my ModDB account ^^

(best bit at 2:53 hahahahaha)

http://www.moddb.com/members/mty/videos/cn...nnyspf#imagebox

//edit: Fobby, e-mailed it to you, could you post it somewhere more central? =][/b]

I don't get it, that wasn't a rick roll?

Man watching that vid gave me chills. RenX was the only video they had that went well and the guy spoke at the perfect spots and just made it glow.

Now i'm extremely disgusted in their choice for 1st, that so called mod is just a map pack for the game, the people that made it have no plans in changing any game features at all.

NeoTokoyo looks like it'll be something but looks a little to much like CS:S.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Mar 10 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Newfangled interweb contraption thing! I remember the old days when a 5 MB Hard drive meant you had the best PC in town. And when internets were sent through the teler-phone!

You young whipper-snappers don't know how gud you has it![/b]

My first computer had a 2GB hdd :P Good times...