Renegade X - Renebirthday Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Happy Birthday C&C Renegade!

havocbirthdayzq8.jpg

C&C Renegade is 7 years old as of today. Congrats to all community members for making it this long! C&C Renegade is a long lasting game, and despite its lack of early sales, lack of support, and its experience with various cheats, the game is still alive and well. Big thanks goes out to those who have contributed to C&C Renegade over the years, including the various total conversion and server side mods, anti-cheat efforts and server owners.

C&C Renegade's unique gameplay is what has let it live for this long; let's hope to see the same gameplay being reiterated in Renegade X.

Renegade X: Gameplay Footage!

We decided to release a quick 1-minute compilation of ingame 1st and 3rd person clips from Renegade X in celebration of this day. It's a followup to our Holiday trailer, showing off the new light tank, flamethrower, the new HUD, and Walls Flying. Enjoy!

Direct Download Link: Coming tomorrow!

ModDB (Recommended): http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x/videos

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74eY7wmDZ3Y...page&fmt=18

Remote C4

Our remote C4 is now complete! With a simple left click you could plant these babies, and a right click blows them up. Perfect against just about anything - ambush vehicles and infantry and close range, set traps, or blow up a building via its master control terminal!

33vi4nr.jpg

Light Tank Ingame

You saw the Nod Light Tank last month, and now it's ready for action. Check out the trailer above to see it fight, here is a screenshot:

wv72ED5.tmp.jpg

More Walls Flying pics!

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

That's it for now fellas. Happy Renegade day and keep your eyes open for some exciting updates shortly!

• Totem Arts Staff
And i take that you will import all the original renegade sounds? (cuz of the light tank that sounded different)[/b]

All of the sounds will be different, but we will be using the same EVA commands (for now at least). No point in using 7 year old sound effects when we can make others that are either just as good or much better.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Feb 27 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of the sounds will be different, but we will be using the same EVA commands (for now at least). No point in using 7 year old sound effects when we can make others that are either just as good or much better.[/b]

don't forget that those '7 year old sounds' are a big part of the game, as you can identify the vehicles in the field just by listening to the sound of their shells being fired (that's what i always did at least). but that's just my point of view :) if u can make it better, you won't hear me complaining ofc :rolleyes:

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Feb 27 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't forget that those '7 year old sounds' are a big part of the game, as you can identify the vehicles in the field just by listening to the sound of their shells being fired (that's what i always did at least). but that's just my point of view :) if u can make it better, you won't hear me complaining ofc :rolleyes: [/b]

I really liked the *boink* sound. That's a keeper.

I noticed the way the infantry carry their weapons looks a little weird, like they're carrying them by the waist because it's too heavy to hold up or something. Shouldn't the butt of the rifle be against your shoulder and a rocket launcher above your shoulder?

Great update guys

My only negative has to be the normal soldiers rifle

I know its a standard weapon which isn't very powerful but did you guys really have to give it a paintball gun sound effect :P

Its the one thing which stood out to me, and when thinking i would hopefully play this game over and over again for years to come, that sound could get very annoying.

its hard to explain but it just doesn't feel right to me :(

I will say thou the ramjet sounds really good :)

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Feb 28 2009, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not everyone has, or is willing to use, a microphone.[/b]

I agree with you there, i have a mic but i rarely use it in games, i love the radio commands, even though eva is 7years old, if someone can redo the eva sounds to a stage of awesomeness id say put them in, or atleast offer a choice in the options, new eva or old eva.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Feb 26 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Renegade X: Gameplay Footage!

We decided to release a quick 1-minute compilation of ingame 1st and 3rd person clips from Renegade X in celebration of this day. It's a followup to our Holiday trailer, showing off the new light tank, flamethrower, the new HUD, and Walls Flying. Enjoy!

Direct Download Link: Coming tomorrow![/b]

/me waits for direct download *hint hint wink wink*

Just wanna convert to divx for my site, no rush :)

It's a 1 minute video of dream coming true, mind you.

I also have to agree with NoxBlade about normal rifle sound, it just doesn't sound like a real gun. In general other sounds are cool though. Stank shooting sound may be a little too electric for me and pistol sounds like it was silenced version (is it?) but I don't mind that much. Btw, it's pretty funny how the more times I watch video the more I like it, maybe it shows how I've got so accustomed to old renegade.

• Totem Arts Staff
I also have to agree with NoxBlade about normal rifle sound, it just doesn't sound like a real gun. In general other sounds are cool though. Stank shooting sound may be a little too electric for me and pistol sounds like it was silenced version (is it?) but I don't mind that much. Btw, it's pretty funny how the more times I watch video the more I like it, maybe it shows how I've got so accustomed to old renegade.[/b]

-Rifle sound is still being altered
-Stank in that video is both "shooting" and "locking on" (2 sounds together) which may be why it sounds electric to you.
-Pistol was silenced in Renegade...

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Mar 3 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Stank in that video is both "shooting" and "locking on" (2 sounds together) which may be why it sounds electric to you.
-Pistol was silenced in Renegade...[/b]

YAY so are yall going to revert to the old renX auto rifle sound? or make a completely new one?

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Mar 3 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Pistol was silenced in Renegade...[/b]

Thankyou Fobby :) be looking forward to your final rifle sound. !

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe they need more help like they listed. :)

Can we make a suggestion? Post a link for a bounty? I see them on a lot of forums I go to on other software...IE FreeBSD / Linux sites I go to...I know...it's really about the game....but this may get the people you need here and have motivation to help out more, I know you guys have worked hard so far...and it definitely shows in the quality. I'm not saying get anyone you can...we sure wouldn't want to mess the quality up with speeding the process up.

Maybe you can split it between all your developers and discuss among each other on the values to each. :rolleyes:

I know I am willing to post up some bounty money. Especially if it helps speed up the release date. :)