Should nuke doubble in price when PP dies?

epicelite

90% of time nuke/ion are easy to disarm, you need team play to plant a successful nuke/ion. double the price maybe will help to keep away nub putting nuke everywhere and donate too much pts to other team .. but well. its part of game so :P let the price like that and let me kill nub and disarm them nuke :P

• Totem Arts Staff

Price stays, the reason why it did not double was because the nuke would be a team's last hope if most of the buildings were destroyed. Many times has my clan made ridiculous comebacks with only one building left. If it doubled in price, such cohesive comebacks would be impossible.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Feb 26 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Price stays, the reason why it did not double was because the nuke would be a team's last hope if most of the buildings were destroyed. Many times has my clan made ridiculous comebacks with only one building left. If it doubled in price, such cohesive comebacks would be impossible.[/b]

It was the HON rite?

You SBH'ded your way in to GDI base and pedistal'd it.

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Feb 26 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ CW's most of the time pedestal was off...(the ones i played in at least) it's not rly fun to win that way now is it? Besides, with Air or WF still online you definately have a fair shot at turning the tables and still win if your team works together.[/b]

When playing in a cw.cc server, the pedestal was disabled, because that is a cw.cc rule. And without a strip/wf you can turn tables, i did it many times.

QUOTE (Ban4life @ Mar 1 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how about...

no

they are good the way they are. expencive, a dire threat, and most of the time nothing more than that.[/b]

Not too mention the other team gets phat points when they disarm crappy plants, which 95% of them are. Yes, I'm talking about the typical plant right on the side of the Hand of Nod, where everyone can see it lol.

My personal favourite spot was in Walls Flying with an apache, flying over to the Weapons Factory, landing the aircraft in an unreachable spot on the ceiling, and planting. Of course, it was incredibly rare and hard to do because the Apache would draw alot of attention but also because you never survived the 3-5 seconds it took to plant (even though it was unreachable, you were in plain view of everyone on the ground).

If you actually pulled it off though, the only way to disarm it was for a GDI player to get an aircraft and land it in the same spot as you :P

Yeah, I play on a server where they get 2000 if the PP dies....

IT SUCKS, as if the pp isn't important enough: no base defence, double price, ref gives slower credits...

It doesn't fuck up one part of your base, but evertyhing, if you want to make the nuke more expensive that would be weird.

Besides. why? I mean, the nuke(or ion, w/e) is a one time pinpoint device, required to let the GDI or Nod superweapon tune in onto the target, let me ask you this: would the PP in your base power the ion cannon space station? Would the temple of nod in one of Nods primary bases be powered by your power plant?

No, I mean, character prices and stuff could be more expensive: it's logical, making / importing ammo would be harder without electricity (or at least a sufficient supply), however, a battery charged GPS kind of thing + a nuke in another base is a one time thing...

(And as in gameplay: it's indeed what people say: harder to make comebacks, most nukes are badly defended and every nuke is a big gamble, no need to make it seemingly impossible.