What happened to renegade online?

Arranox

QUOTE (CrazyAndy @ Feb 26 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are the room you're talking about? If you were trying to play through Gamespy with Vista it may not have been working properly and you should try doing one of those workarounds you can read in GSA forums. Online should work fine.[/b]

Depends if hes playing through wol, he might need to set it to USA server instead of EURO or ASIA

just a guess but when i play on wol, theres heaps of servers

Renegade Online is not dead at all. There are plenty of servers and some of them are in use 24/7.

I usually play in the Jelly AOW1 server, or any active sniping server at the time I want to play Renegade (favorite Old-Timez). It's still lotsa fun, so go ahead and try to get online!

I can be found under the name: TDz0r

QUOTE (TD @ Mar 7 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Renegade Online is not dead at all. There are plenty of servers and some of them are in use 24/7.

I usually play in the Jelly AOW1 server, or any active sniping server at the time I want to play Renegade (favorite Old-Timez). It's still lotsa fun, so go ahead and try to get online!

I can be found under the name: TDz0r[/b]

ill look you up next time i am in :)

As TD said, Renegade is not dead, there are almost like 400 players online gaming.

I usually play in n00bstories or something like that, I like the server becouse when you're at there TeamSpeak, he switch you automatically to NOD-GDI channel

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

You can use Teamspeak by going to http://www.goteamspeak.com and downloading their client version. You could then join a Teamspeak server and communicate with other players.

And yeah Renegade's not dead at all. There's about 200-300 on XWIS at all times, and about 70-100 players on Gamespy at all times, which means anywhere between 270-400 players are online at almost any given time in the day. That may even be more than UT3.

• 3 months later...

lol

i always play on Kamuix, magicant.org , where i'm currently a mod.

i really hope when this mod is released, that the Kamuix team can mod it just like the renegade one.

you can build defenses, buy special characters, buy special tanks, and such in this server!

\

any other servers is just plain boring!

QUOTE (JCHTRanger @ Aug 26 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol

i always play on Kamuix, magicant.org , where i'm currently a mod.

i really hope when this mod is released, that the Kamuix team can mod it just like the renegade one.

you can build defenses, buy special characters, buy special tanks, and such in this server!
\
any other servers is just plain boring![/b]

I'm afraid it will NOT be that simple , the engine doesn't like making things the easy way :P

Tho making a custom map that has rules like a rebuild structures with Kismet might be possible as for extras i think they said they wont bother with em at least until the final release

(Kismet is the 'visual' scripting program the engine has)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to play again but my copy of Renegade was part of a pack of games and the serial came on a separate card.

I've long since lost that card so I'm not even sure if I'd be able to play the game without a valid key these days.

I was thinking of picking up The First Decade solely for Renegade since it's cheap enough now.