What game to hold me over till RenX is done?

epicelite

I need anew game to hole me over till RenX is done, unreal 3 itself is LAME.

Team Fortress 2 has gone, in one week, from pretty awesome to WHAT THE F^$K WERE THEY THINGKINGDGSLFKDGHDSFLGKJHDFLGKJLP DJGFL;SHDGSPHJL!!!?1?!!?!?!?11ONE!1!11!ELEVEL!11!EXCLIMATION MARK!!1!111

So whats a good game, I heard about a RTS called "Act of War" supposed to be like Generals but I dunno is it worth the $10? :P

PS: This is on topic because I am sure I an not the only one who needs something to hold them over!

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Feb 20 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GTA 4 is fun... and WC 3 Frozen Throne... the entire C&C collection (before RA 3 that is lol) Assassin's Creed is also definately worth trying. And if ur really desperate u can try the cheap rip off of WoW which is ROSE Online :P (and yes ROSE is actually free ;) )[/b]

I played assassins creed. I really just HAD to get to the end while doing everything. Then I got there, dissapointment hugged me tight. No bonusses for capturing flags, no apperent bonusses for doing all the information gathering missions before a kill, nothing really. Just 'kill that, oh a camp full of tuetonic knights, let's just kill them all'. There is really no reason at all to do it stealthily, you can murder every soldier in sight if you want and still manage to do your kills.
I have GTA4 on my computer, but even with 10 gigabites all freed up for memory, the game will eventually give memory problems.

Some games I can recommend:
Dungeon Keeper: Like renegade it has a very unique approach to gameplay. Although it should have been improved by making more follow ups.
Max Payne 2: Quite realistic compared to most shooters, quite fun.
Crysis

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 20 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will you pay my monthly fee?[/b]

Ah, the monthly fee thing, Why pay monthly for a game, while you can also buy Guild Wars, looking at the facts it was, and still is the biggest concurent of WoW(they're even higher than LOTR/AoC, that is, when they do not bring out an expansion for a while). Altough sales are dropping because nothing new is coming out lately, that is, no new expensions/chapters, as they're making Guild Wars 2(which is said will bethe best online role-playing game ever created., there's still plenty to do for a new gamer that hops in, as we've got 3 games: Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall(all stand-alone games, 15 euro's nowadays, and around 10 dollars in america) + 1 expansion, Eye of the North.

Best fact is that after you bought the game, it's free to play.

Assassin Creed was awesome. finished it long time ago.

well me im in Renegade liek always and i restart playing BF2142 more with some buddie ... this game can be addictive .... DONT PLAY WoW .. THIS IS CRAP WHO will SUCK YOUR MIND .... :P

ps : ya the CAP is use here to represent me SCREAMING

QUOTE (KobraHunt @ Feb 20 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as they're making Guild Wars 2(which is said will bethe best online role-playing game ever created.,[/b]

Aren't they saying that about every MMORPG they make? I mean, if I were making an MMORPG, I wouldn't go around saying 'this game is good, but not as good as , I would say 'this thing is going to top the top by a measure you've never hear of before!'

I'm back to renegading, today, RIGHT NOW!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

Some ideas:-

Counter-Strike Source, but play on GunGame servers - concept of the game:

Everyone starts on glock - when you get a kill, you "level up" to the USP, then so on, shotguns, then SMGS, then rifles, machine gun, then you have to get a grenade and then a knife kill to win!

Most servers run Knife Pro, where knifing steals a level - so you go up, and they go down! Its manic fun and games are fast - also gets you used to every CSS gun! Great break from regular servers (sometimes its done in revense - machine guns down to pistols, then nade and knife). Some run Turbo mode also - normally you have to wait for the round to end to level up, on turbo mode you instantly level up!

-------

Get some mods! Now is the best time fo the year to look for new mods - some real gems are being nnounced as part of MOTY no moddb.com! If you have Half-Life 2, grab:-

Garrys Mod 9 (GMod10 you have to pay for, but 9 you can still get for free)

Eternal Silence (FPS combined with flight sim dog fights in space)

Empires (RTS and FPS combined - Fantastic fun, but takes a bit of getting into)

Insurgency (Personally I cant stand this mod, its pretty much one shot and you're dead, good fun for a bit though)

Also, grab UT3 if you haven't and look at some winners of the Make Something Unreal contest so far, som really fantastics mods and mutators out there

-----

Indie games too - look on moddb.com, quite a few free ones that are fun too!

And provided you have HL2 and/or UT3? None of the above will cost you a penny!

On the note of Warcraft: Yep - thats addictive and passes the time, but man is it costly if you're poor :P! I can get you 10-Day free trials though for anyone wanting to try it out!

My dad already plays WoW and that shit looks gay.

CSS/HL2 MODS = I am mad at Valve for fucking up TF2 so bad in one week.

I mean just look at this achievement. CLEARLY A BUG IN THE GAME AND MOST SERVERS BAN YOU FOR DOING THIS BUT...

6th one down on right side.

quick_hook.pngQuick Hook: Kill a player in Well before the round starts.

So now they are PROMOTING glitches like this?

FUCK YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR SHIT GAMES.

If EA buys valve tomorrow I would welcome it as a start to their recovery.

Apart from Counter Strike, all those mods I mentioned are THIRD PARTY, made by developers like us on Renegade-X. Giving up their free time for everyone else.

I used to mod on Source, and my modding background lies with Half-Life 1 and 2, without them I wouldn't be working on this mod. Please show a little more respect for those hundreds, nay, thousands of developers giving up their free time for you to completely disregard their efforts because of an issue you have with Valve (who in my opinion are one of the most influential games companies who have shaped the modding and online PC gaming community). You don't have to like Valve, but don't hate the modders who use their tools.

Sorry, you hit a nerve :P.

Woosaahhh... anyway!

Don't like TF2? Get Fortress Forever; its a remake (again, made by actual friends of mine in the modding community) of the original Team Fortress Classic. It is nothing like TF2 and many who hate TF2 love FF; so give it a try!

As for WoW? I agree, its not eveyrone's cup of tea; but its certainly not "gay". It has some of the most amazing stylistic choices and its design visually is extremely well thought-out and its engine is extremely powerful and versatile too. Its a slow game, and actually almost all the women gamers I know love WoW and nothing else - if you're after some female company, then its certainly the game to go to!

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 20 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean just look at this achievement. CLEARLY A BUG IN THE GAME AND MOST SERVERS BAN YOU FOR DOING THIS BUT...
quick_hook.pngQuick Hook: Kill a player in Well before the round starts.

So now they are PROMOTING glitches like this?[/b]

That's called the warmup timer....

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 20 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CSS/HL2 MODS = I am mad at Valve for fucking up TF2 so bad in one week.
quick_hook.pngQuick Hook: Kill a player in Well before the round starts.[/b]

I've never played TF2, but if there is something that is physically possible to do in game and they acknowledge that fact by listing it as an achievement, then it obviously isn't a bug.

Most likely it is just a widely spread dislike for some feature or in game ability.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 21 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They also think Orange_X3 is a good map.[/b]

Not so - I don't have TF2 and I know many that don't. Don't assume everyone has it.

I'm happy with user-created content. 16 million other poeple regularly use Steam. It can't be all that bad.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 20 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Refuses to connect to WOL or XWIS or w/e that is. CD is all scratched.[/b]

You dont need CD to play. If your computer asks for it, just press cancel and voilá, your in.
If you need to reïnstall, lend cd from a friend (serial number doesnt matter with renegade) or buy first decade (the game is slightly different so no core patches of renguard work).

Ban4life

QUOTE (maty @ Feb 23 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:o :o :o :o

Serious?! Get it! Thats like someone saying "I've never played Doom"! Madness!![/b]

I'm pretty damn mad then.
I've never played ANY Doom, or Duke Nukem, or Quake or one of those 'classics'. I played games like 'supaplex' and Prince of persia back then.

QUOTE (maty @ Feb 23 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:o :o :o :o

Serious?! Get it! Thats like someone saying "I've never played Doom"! Madness!![/b]

I've never played either. Both of the games looked kind of dumb to me. That's an opinion after seeing what it looks like and watching other people play.

When I bought my Xbox off a friend, he gave me 4 or 5 games. One of which was Quake 4. I sold it.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 19 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need anew game to hole me over till RenX is done, unreal 3 itself is LAME.

Team Fortress 2 has gone, in one week, from pretty awesome to WHAT THE F^$K WERE THEY THINGKINGDGSLFKDGHDSFLGKJHDFLGKJLP DJGFL;SHDGSPHJL!!!?1?!!?!?!?11ONE!1!11!ELEVEL!11!EXCLIMATION MARK!!1!111

So whats a good game, I heard about a RTS called "Act of War" supposed to be like Generals but I dunno is it worth the $10? :P

PS: This is on topic because I am sure I an not the only one who needs something to hold them over![/b]

RENEGADE

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Feb 23 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never played either. Both of the games looked kind of dumb to me. That's an opinion after seeing what it looks like and watching other people play.

When I bought my Xbox off a friend, he gave me 4 or 5 games. One of which was Quake 4. I sold it.[/b]

Quake 4 is NOTHING on Quake. By today's standards the graphics and controls are rather pitiful, but for their time they were revolutionary; I guess you, and many younger gamers coming in now, they missed that all out.

I'll never forget the first time I played a game in 3D, or the ones that followed; the first person shooters. The AI for its time was amazing too. I still enjoy them mainly for the nostalgic sense, but also because they're fantatsic games.

I guess when you've grown up with those sorts of games, it much easier to get into them and stick with them, for many newer gamers, its going "backwards" and much harder to give it a fair chance, gamers these days are so fussy! I still have my Megadrive (Genesis) going, and I have some real geuine great games that even now I couldn't do without. Most of my time is spent on GunGame severs on Counter-Strike: Source, but don't be under any illusions my medgarive doesn't get a good few hours play once in a while!

Sonic 2, Dune II, Super Monaco Grand Prix, Road Rash, Fatal Rewind (man that game was brutal) all amazing games and I reccomend them to anybody!

Can't call yourself an RTS fan if you haven't played any of the original Dune RTS series, CnC came from these games. Well worth a play!
Dune-II-The-Battle-for-Arrakis-2.jpgDune%20-%20The%20Battle%20for%20Arrakis%20(E).png

Im from the newer generation of gamers (being only 17 myself) and i absolutely love the older games, the only Dune game i have as of now is Dune 2000 and i still play that from time to time. Otherwise im playing Xenogears, the story alone will take you a cpl play throughs to understand

• 5 months later...

IF you are up for some 'Realistic' gameplay , i recommend that you try Angels Fall First Planetstorm mod..................for UT3 :D

No really , i have been playing the Beta and it's awesome... and there is a new release coming on September 1st (afaik)

All i have to say is that you can do battles.................................IN SPACE!

Edit: but if you impress them with the beta they might just put your name on a ship......*walks away whistling*