sniper rifle

pupbarn

I was wondering will you be keeping the scope on the sniper rifle the same as it was in Renegade - no shaking If you are, then are you going to lower the sensitivity because i could never seem to move my scope around smoothly no matter what my mouse settings were.

You shouldn't have that problem as we're using a different engine.

Your problem is caused by a low DPI mouse most likely.

When a game alters mouse sensitivity, it simply makes the mouse move further on-screen for each inch you move it on your mousemat. If this sensitivity level is too high for your mouse, it will cause the mouse to be incredibly difficult to aim precisely. You will move it right a fraction, but on-screen it will jump a huge distance.

DPI feels at first, the same as sensitvity, but its not. The key to getting the best aim from your mouse is a HIGH DPI and a LOW SENSITIVITY.

Get a decent mouse. 800 DPI as a minimum, but I'd highly reccommend anywhere over 1,600 if possible (mine's 2000 DPI). Then put the game mouse sensitivty settings to low. Your mouse will aim precisely now.

Good ones to look at are the G9, MX518, Microsoft Sidewinder, any RAZER mouse.

If they're out your price range, there are some cheap SAITEK ones you can get.

Laser Mice > LED Mice > Rollerball Mice.

Wired > Wireless (usually anyway. Theory is there's less data latency and interference. Its not noticable but don't dismiss a mouse because its wired).

Investing in my mouse was one of the wisest decisions I've made in years. Worth investing in!

I use the Microsoft Sidewinder. Highly reccomended but only get if you've got reasonable sized hands, its a big mouse.

Macro recording, 5-porgrammable buttons, LCD display, 3-way DPI switch buttons, Vista Games Menu Launcher, 3 types of feet, cable anchor, additional weights.

27080.jpg

QUOTE (maty @ Feb 16 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You shouldn't have that problem as we're using a different engine.

Your problem is caused by a low DPI mouse most likely.

When a game alters mouse sensitivity, it simply makes the mouse move further on-screen for each inch you move it on your mousemat. If this sensitivity level is too high for your mouse, it will cause the mouse to be incredibly difficult to aim precisely. You will move it right a fraction, but on-screen it will jump a huge distance.

DPI feels at first, the same as sensitvity, but its not. The key to getting the best aim from your mouse is a HIGH DPI and a LOW SENSITIVITY.

Get a decent mouse. 800 DPI as a minimum, but I'd highly reccommend anywhere over 1,600 if possible (mine's 2000 DPI). Then put the game mouse sensitivty settings to low. Your mouse will aim precisely now.

Good ones to look at are the G9, MX518, Microsoft Sidewinder, any RAZER mouse.

If they're out your price range, there are some cheap SAITEK ones you can get.

Laser Mice > LED Mice > Rollerball Mice.

Wired > Wireless (usually anyway. Theory is there's less data latency and interference. Its not noticable but don't dismiss a mouse because its wired).

Investing in my mouse was one of the wisest decisions I've made in years. Worth investing in!

I use the Microsoft Sidewinder. Highly reccomended but only get if you've got reasonable sized hands, its a big mouse.

Macro recording, 5-porgrammable buttons, LCD display, 3-way DPI switch buttons, Vista Games Menu Launcher, 3 types of feet, cable anchor, additional weights.

27080.jpg[/b]

That's a groovy looking mouse. Thanks for the advice but i'd like to know why laser mice cost so much more than optical mice, i've heard that the laser mice are shit!

You heard wrong.

Laser mice can do approximately 20x the resolution of LED mice. Laser mice can also track on more surfaces - LED mice will struggle on surfaces that have a lot of multicolour on them. Laser mice will cruise over these, and will also work on anything - they have no problems on your legs when you've go no desk to hand.

They cost a bit more because of manufacturing costs. They use an IR laser diode which can be pretty expensive when compared to a red visible light diode. Red LEDs are the cheapest to produce. Laser mice tend to come with more features. You get what you pay for, basically.

My mouse would normally set you back about $80-$100 USD easily.

If you want a decent mouse, dont pay less than £20/$35/€20.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Feb 17 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would personally not recommend the Logitech G9. The G5 is where it's at.[/b]

My Friends both have G9's and G5's and they love them, specially the swappable grips on them. they are a very popular mice,

I on the other hand have a monster gecko and i love it, i wouldn't recommend it unless you really wanted that sort of mouse.

here is an image.

Pistol7.jpg

QUOTE (Galen @ Feb 18 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WTF is that supposed to be?[/b]

they call it a gun mouse, but i call it a boot :P the foot peddles look good, but i am a Saitek man, as i have there gamers keyboard and x52 flight control system, i want there rudder peddles and yolk.

but i am not a fan of the zalman boot mouse

Aye, frag pedals can be quite good (dont have them, but I'd like to try them). When you click your mouse it can cause you mouse to just move a fraction when you've got a smooth surface, frag pedals remove that and free up your hands - reload, weapon swicth could also be on your frag pedals ^^.

And yep - there are lots of mice... lots of keyboards too! Zboards are pretty sleek, if expensive - but you can one-handed gaming pads like the N50 SpeedPad etc.!

For me; a decent monitor, mouse and keyboard are FAR more important than a decent rig when it comes to gaming. Provided you've got the game that does 40+FPS online, you'll be unbeatable with the remainder of the kit.

I have a wireless Microsoft mouse and keyboard. I don't know their model number or specific name. They are comfortable and efficient. I've owned them for almost 2 years and I don't remember ever changing the battery on the keyboard. I have, however, needed to change my mouse battery once or twice. That isn't a bad deal though when you think about it.

The only bad thing that my mouse has ever done was die in the middle of a C&C 3 match that I would have won. But that's about the extent of it's suckyness.

The keyboard is cool because it has media controls on it and I am able to move it a fairly large distance away from my computer and still have it in range. So I can play music or watch movies from a comfortable location and still be able to control it all with the keyboard.

I'm not a fan of all those overly priced fancy programmable mice with a bunch of useless features that I wont ever use. All a mouse needs to do control a little arrow on the screen and have a comfortable grip. If it can scroll web pages, that's a plus.

Wired Mice def r better

I have a Razer Lachesis

" * 4000dpi Razer Precision 3G Laserâ„¢ sensor

* 32KB Razer Synapseâ„¢ onboard memory

* Nine independently programmable Hyperesponseâ„¢ buttons

* 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time

* On-The-Fly Sensitivityâ„¢ adjustment

* Variable true dpi setting adjustments in increments of 125dpi

* Always-Onâ„¢ mode

* Ultra-large non-slip buttons

* 16-bit ultra-wide data path

* 60-100 inches per second

* Ambidextrous design

* Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions

* Zero-acoustic Ultraslickâ„¢ Teflon feet

* Gold-plated USB connector

* Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord

* Approximate size: 129mm (length) x 71mm (width) x 40mm (height) "

EXTREMELY comfortable

comes with software to adjust just about anything on the mouse including vertical and horizontal sensitivity and quick switch profiles that you can switch through in game

The only downside (for sum) no way to add weight so it ends up being very light and a lilttle slippery

Honestlythe best mouse I've ever touched let alone owned

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a G7, wireless brother of the G5 and I never had a problem with it. It's as accurate as you make it and it comes with two battery's so there's always one in the charger for quick and easy switching. Since I've been using it for a while the life expectancy of those batterys has gone down a bit so I change batt about once a day now, but I can switch it in less then 5 seconds and I've even had it in the middle of a firefight which I then won somehow :P.

I don't know half of what you people are talking about, but I do know this: a wireless mouse has a tiny bit longer to have it's signal travel to the computer.

The mouse creates the signal, transforms it to a radio signal which costs quite a lot of time compared to simply going through the line. Then the computer receives it and has to change the signal again before he can calculate the actions involved.

All in all, it might give you a delay of 0,05 to 0,15 seconds of delay when your moving. If you are an extensive gamer, you will definitely notice this.

My computer came with a wireless mouse and keyboard. While I could use my keyboard and mouse downstairs without fault (The computer is in the attic) it just didn't play right. So I got an LX3 Optical mouse (hell if I know if that's good). It says 1000 DPI on the box, but Unreal 3 sometimes changes the signal to 30.000 DPI at startup and I don't doubt that it DOES go that fast judging by the amount of 360's my screen does if I move the mouse a fraction. Probably a bug.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Mar 23 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't notice a 0.15 second difference... No way in hell.[/b]

actually you can. if you're used to wired mouses and keyboards the delay on wireless pretty much is HORRIBLE. and it gets worse as the batteries get more and more empty lol. that's the main reason why i dislike wireless.

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Mar 23 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually you can. if you're used to wired mouses and keyboards the delay on wireless pretty much is HORRIBLE. and it gets worse as the batteries get more and more empty lol. that's the main reason why i dislike wireless.[/b]

He's right. When I play Super smash brothers, it askes me if I want the FPS on 50 or 60. 50 screens per second results in one each 0,02 second. 60 a second results in one each 0,0167 (rounded up). And DAMN, is that noticable when you've played on 60 a second for a long time. But it's only a difference of 0,0033 between screens!
Not exactly the right comparison, but if 10 screens more are that noticable, spread out over one second. I don't see how you can't notice a 0,15 second difference.

You can blast me away with saying 'but that's 20% extra screen each second', but I still think I have quite a valid point here.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Mar 17 2009, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got a G7, wireless brother of the G5 and I never had a problem with it. It's as accurate as you make it and it comes with two battery's so there's always one in the charger for quick and easy switching. Since I've been using it for a while the life expectancy of those batterys has gone down a bit so I change batt about once a day now, but I can switch it in less then 5 seconds and I've even had it in the middle of a firefight which I then won somehow :P.[/b]

I have the same mouse, it's good, and the batteries normally still last me for a week or so before I need to change them, and I've had mine for a while now also.

QUOTE (b3h1ndu @ Mar 25 2009, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the same mouse, it's good, and the batteries normally still last me for a week or so before I need to change them, and I've had mine for a while now also.[/b]

I don't turn it off when I'm done with the PC, maybe that has something to do with it.

Still I have never noticed the delay with my wireless mouse. I do know wireless has a reputation like that, maybe you just need to try a better wireless mouse then :) .

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Mar 26 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't turn it off when I'm done with the PC, maybe that has something to do with it.

Still I have never noticed the delay with my wireless mouse. I do know wireless has a reputation like that, maybe you just need to try a better wireless mouse then :) .[/b]

I have heard about some more expencive wireless mouses which can transmute and send the message fast enough that it makes little difference to a wired mouse. Probably you got one of those. Me, I like to rant about that useless wireless mouse of mine.