Midway Files for Bankruptcy

JeepRubi

After Midway was sold for a paltry $100,000, some investors were able to demand reimbursement due to the change in leadership. They initially had until mid-January to decide if they wanted to collect, but the deadline was postponed until February 19.

In all, Midway faces $240 million in debt, though only $150 million of that could be due by February 19. The company originally had until 2025 and 2026 to pay the money back.

The company plans to reorganize but "conduct its business operations as usual," with CEO Matt Booty noting that "Midway enters this process with strong underlying fundamentals, as evidenced by solid fourth quarter sales that exceeded expectations in spite of a challenging retail and general economic environment."[/b]

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57213

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (Galen @ Feb 18 2009, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mortal Kombat RIP[/b]

Took the words out of my mouth... if not R.I.P then it won't be the same again... makes you wonder what other developers are doing differently, mind you EA has the Sims (currently due for release as sims 3 on Jun 5th, i know this as my gf constantly reminds me :-P).

I have 7 Mega Drives (or Genesis), 1 Mega Drive II and 2 Master Systems (1 is the Mega Drive converter). I own both MK1 and MK2, but also MK - Triology on the playstation (yep, the original disc, almost spanking new).

The majority of the systems I own like the Mega Drives were from car boots, bundled with the games so I "accumulated" the systems aswell lol!

The game is classic especially the first when you enter the blood code, A,B,A,C,A,B,B ... beautiful :-D

• 4 weeks later...